Saturday, December 24, 2011

Screen shots and time capsules

Several times lately I’ve clicked on a blog and had an error message.  Too bad I didn’t think to try a screen shot.  The Google logo is accompanied by a sad, broken down repair robot and the message says 502.  That’s an error.  The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.  Please try again in 30 seconds.  That’s all we know.  How can you not smile.  The next time it happens, I’ll remember to push print screen while I grin.

I walked over to my closet to see what I heard and did come back to get the camera for a shot.  Ryan (named for a fireman) is in the basket.  The entire top of my dresser is Ryan’s basket and Mr. Scaredy Cat can often be found there.  A neighbor just rang our door bell.  I’m used to Ryan zipping past me to the closet door and wasn’t surprised to find him.  I didn’t see Toby go past, but here he is, dropping socks on the floor, one pair at a time.  They have been moved to the highest shelf, out of his reach.  Or not.

The best of this picture is the tea canister.  Ann was cleaning off a counter when I visited, and asked if I knew anyone who could use the pretty can.  I had just told her about Caroline and her dad’s time capsule, and it all came together.  Her dad was fifty recently and I gave him a 1961 time capsule I found on Amazon.  Caroline was enchanted with the contents and wished she could get time capsules for her birthday.  And there was the perfect time capsule.  Ann and I went to several stores in several little Wisconsin towns.  She filled four advent calendars and I filled the time capsule. Those rocket boosters on the outside are candy filled straws that didn’t fit inside.  I can’t wait to see what her mother thinks of the pedicure outfit and the toe rings.   

3 comments:

  1. Time capsules, what a great idea. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided. Cats are just little fur-trimmed mischief makers. :) Yours have SO much personality! And I love the idea of a time capsule. Hmm . . .

    ReplyDelete