Saturday, September 12, 2020

And an afternoon lost to tiramisu

What did I do this week? I really don't know. Not much weaving, I think, though I am down to four bobbins to finish. A morning or afternoon's work. Perhaps tomorrow I'll finish. I really like this color. Grass Green. Or maybe Green Grass. Good color.


I discovered movies on Netflix (while I wait for the next season of The Crown!). Over the last two days I watched The Help. It was decent for the time, but no more. I'll start looking for films I didn't see, which is most of them.

I did make another watch order, and it came in. This time I bought a Koretrak. It's reviews were first rate. We'll see. It is all about my electronic ignorance. Says plug it into my USB. I know what that means, but I have no USB like it.

Furthermore, I've never seen a port like this needs. I did some serious internet searching and decided I need a mini USB port. But where to get one? And it came to me. The phone store. They'll see me tomorrow.


Laura came Friday, to go to lunch with Cathy and me, "like old times." She came in with a large mouth mason jar of flowers. She told her client she was going to Peninsula to go to lunch with gramma, and the woman was so charmed she took Laura through the garden to pick a bouquet.


Lovely, isn't it. The three of us went to a bar/restaurant, and for dessert I had tiramisu, well soaked in rum. All I did in the afternoon was lift the flowers from the mason jar and move them to a vase.



34 comments:

  1. I love tiramisu, and those flowers! That green is beautiful. Blue is my favorite color, but I also like violet purple and green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are lovely. I remember my own grandmother's flower gardens and how she could go out and in 5 min. have a huge bouquet of cut flowers to grace her dining room table. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an afternoon well spent. The flowers would lift my spirits for days. And days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers. Sounds like a good afternoon all round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything sounds great..good company, beautiful flowers and a delicious rum soaked dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to hear you went out for a meal and saw Laura. I'm not sure if I know what a mini USB port is! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor I. But according to the web, that's the ticket.

      Delete
  7. Lovely bouquet and I am happy seeing some goldenrod in it...And love the grass green weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never had tiramisu soaked in rum, sounds decadent! Sounded like a nice time with Laura!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful bouquet! And Laura is looking lovely too. I like tiramisu, but not too often. Maybe once a year is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiramisu... an aid to sleep? Sound like a plan?

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hari OM
    Sounds like the perfect day to me! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am pleased that you had a nice visit with Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely to have some time with your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. After tiramisu soaked in rum it's probably a good thing you didn't attempt much else - especially if it needed hand/eye coordination!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the phone shop should be able to sell you a converter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It's a comfortable little store. All the electronics stores are in huge shopping malls, and may all be out of business, for all I know of them.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful flowers! Cold weather is creeping up on us here in VT. Gardening will soon be done for the year.
    So sweet that Laura came for a visit. Things seems to be turning around.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, if you're going to lose an afternoon, I think you did it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is a nice color. I like it too but then green is in my top three favorites. how nice that Laura has gotten over her snit about Gramma. I know it was very testy those last several months before she moved back to her mother's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough lesson. Her mother actually threw her out. She's with a family friend. She may not have an easy life. But not worse than most, I hope.

      Delete
    2. She has your teachings to help her through.

      Delete
  19. The flowers are so autumn in colours. How lovely your granddaughter is and yay on the tiramisu.

    some days are no do days and they are good for the soul.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  20. sweetest post of the day! The flowers are lovely and so is the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad Laura came...and glad that the client gave her the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, that's the green of new grass with the sun on it. Love it.
    I have a granddaughter who isn't speaking to us. Poor thing. All the other's do. I hope mine wakes up like yours did.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's nice that Laura came to see you bringing flowers. I'm happy to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The flowers are awesome...and I LOVE Tiramisu.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really enjoyed "The Help". tiramisu + flowers = good day

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh gosh! I love tiramisu. Haven't had it in a long time. You went to a restaurant. It's all take-out over here. We're watching Netflix nearly every night. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete