This afternoon I painstakingly tied thirty bouts to the back beam, and waited for Laura to return from school. We commenced the job of transferring seven yards from the front of the loom to the back. Yes it was a tangled mess. Each of us had a comb devoted to combing it out. I think no thread broke.
We spent about three hours putting about five yards of warp on the back beam, where it belongs. We ran out of cardboard separating sheets. Thank goodness.
I tied up the breast beam and wove the idle weave--the part that evens up the tie on bouts and leaves the job ready to go.
Two yards of warp in the trash. Ask me if I care! I probably can empty this loom over the weekend. I take delivery of a new to me, real loom on Wednesday. Hallelujah.
On the way to the ice cream stand, look! The pear tree has leaves.