Thursday, September 10, 2015

A road trip

If she's on time (a novelty), Linda will be here in fifteen minutes and we are off to Art and Apples, a classy show in Michigan.

So many questions from the last post. All the towels are sold and now that I am an old lady working at old lady speed, I don't know when I might warp up the little loom. Heck, first it needs to come up from the basement and get reassembled. That's how it is.

The hat, the hat. if you knit, or know someone who does, it is ridiculously easy. I weighed it; 1.1 ounces. Very little yarn. Here's how to do it:

With size 5 circular needle, cast on 100 stitches. Join, don't twist.
Knit 9 rows. Flip the work inside out. You have the purl side facing.
Knit 9 rows.

On the last row increase 20sts evenly. (K5, Make 1, around)

Change to size 6 circular.

Turn the work to the purl side.
Knit 9 rows.
Turn to the purl side,
Knit 9 rows. 

When you have a satisfactory number of pancakes, decrease as follows:

K8, K 2tog.
Knit a round.
K7, K 2 tog.
Knit a round.
K6, K 2 tog, etc.

Change to dp needles when the circulars are too big.
When there are five sts left, pull the end through to finish off.

Work ends in.

The end.

Linda is five minutes early.
See you next week.

19 comments:

  1. Have a good trip! Glad that Linda was early!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Ohhhh someone else asked for the 'recipe' - it was very nearly me, but I drew back from - so glad others did and that we can all now have a go... this could be interesting!!! congrats on all the towels going. Enjoy that trip!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip. A really great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun adventure! Enjoy!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storm brewing in Michigan...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Art and Apples. Michigan has some of the best of both. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the directions! I googled "knitted pancake hat". No results that looked like your hat. I am into knitting hats right now. That one is different enough to be fun! Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll copy-paste this pattern and give it to my grand daughter, she's a knitter. I might even try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hat pattern sounds just too complicated for me Joanne I am afraid. Hope you enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the show and the scenery along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The last thing I knit was a pure disaster...I think I reached to far and high. Will give it another try.

    Art and Apple theme sounds perfect for fall. I know you will smile a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last thing I knit was a pure disaster...I think I reached to far and high. Will give it another try.

    Art and Apple theme sounds perfect for fall. I know you will smile a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great time! This hat looks like something I could make and have it turn out all right. but, i'm doing what I can to get back to my gansey sweater. My interest in it is flagging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. have a great trip, weather should be cool and crisp

    ReplyDelete
  15. So the trip is over and I am just reading this. YES, I indeed was early. To have Joanne "jump on the bus" was a treat for both of us. We talked, laughed and cried about everyone and everything. Just like the good old days we even got lost because of the construction and all of those orange cones.

    ReplyDelete